Patient Info

Allowances and Help

If you or your child(ren) are suffering from an Eosinophilic Disorder, there are a number of allowances and help that you may be entitled to. This page will give you links where applicable to official government sites. Some of these are as follows:

Disability Living Allowance or DLA as it is commonly known is a tax free allowance that you could be entitled to. It is available to anyone under 65 years of age who requires help with personal care and/or help with getting around. There are varying rates available and every case is judged individually. Click HERE to the government website and follow the links to Financial support.

Carers Allowance This is available to anyone who has to care for someone for 35 hours or more per week. To qualify, the individual who is being cared for must be in receipt of DLA at the middle of highest rate for personal care. Click HERE for more information.

Continence Services Some children, normally between the ages of 4-5 who have continence issue mat be entitled to free products through their local continence service. You should ask to be referred to them through your GP/School Nurse or Health visitor.

Social Services Your local social services can help in a variety of ways including; putting you in touch with local carer groups, providing disability assessments (these could entitle you to extra financial assistance for child care etc.) Contact your local social services for more information.